House panel recommends suspension of 15 Oppn MLAs for ruckus
Bangalore: A Karnataka Assembly committee, which looked into the unruly conduct of legislators during the trust vote of the BJP government on October 11 last year, has recommended suspension of 15 Congress and Janata Dal(S) MLAs from membership of the House.
The panel, set up by the Speaker KG Bopaiah, recommended suspension of eight MLAs from membership for a year and seven MLAs for six months for varying reasons -- from indulging in unruly behaviour by disobeying all House rules and procedures, showing disrespect to the Speaker, to curbing the rights of
other members, among others.
In its 287-page report tabled in the House today, the panel headed by MP Appachu Ranjan of BJP, recommended suspension of Rahim Khan, Kakaso Panduranga Patil, UT Khader, NA Harris, (all Congress) BZ Zameer Ahmed Khan, HC Balakrishna, CS Puttaraju, MT Krishnappa (all JD(S)) for one year.
It recommended suspension of B K Sangamesh, Suresh Gowda, PM Ashok, HP Manjunath, (all Congress), Bandeppa Kashempur, K Raju and KP Bache Gowda (all JD(S) for six months.
Bopaiah had constituted the seven-member House Committee to submit a report recommending suitable action against the 15 opposition MLAs (Congress 8 and JD-S 7), identified for the "ruckus" in the Assembly during the October 11 trust vote.
The Speaker constituted the committee while acting on a petition filed by BJP members, who alleged that the Congress and JD(S) MLAs lowered the dignity of the House by creating unruly scenes and used unparliamentary language against the
Speaker during the trust vote, necessitated by the withdrawal of support to the government by 19 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!