House panel recommends suspension of 15 Oppn MLAs for ruckus
Bangalore: A Karnataka Assembly committee, which looked into the unruly conduct of legislators during the trust vote of the BJP government on October 11 last year, has recommended suspension of 15 Congress and Janata Dal(S) MLAs from membership of the House.
The panel, set up by the Speaker KG Bopaiah, recommended suspension of eight MLAs from membership for a year and seven MLAs for six months for varying reasons -- from indulging in unruly behaviour by disobeying all House rules and procedures, showing disrespect to the Speaker, to curbing the rights of
other members, among others.
In its 287-page report tabled in the House today, the panel headed by MP Appachu Ranjan of BJP, recommended suspension of Rahim Khan, Kakaso Panduranga Patil, UT Khader, NA Harris, (all Congress) BZ Zameer Ahmed Khan, HC Balakrishna, CS Puttaraju, MT Krishnappa (all JD(S)) for one year.
It recommended suspension of B K Sangamesh, Suresh Gowda, PM Ashok, HP Manjunath, (all Congress), Bandeppa Kashempur, K Raju and KP Bache Gowda (all JD(S) for six months.
Bopaiah had constituted the seven-member House Committee to submit a report recommending suitable action against the 15 opposition MLAs (Congress 8 and JD-S 7), identified for the "ruckus" in the Assembly during the October 11 trust vote.
The Speaker constituted the committee while acting on a petition filed by BJP members, who alleged that the Congress and JD(S) MLAs lowered the dignity of the House by creating unruly scenes and used unparliamentary language against the
Speaker during the trust vote, necessitated by the withdrawal of support to the government by 19 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi