Hyderabad blasts: Karnataka man among 16 killed
Bidar (K`taka): A person from Karnataka was among the 16 people killed in the twin bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad, police said here on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Padmakar Kulkarni (45) who was a resident of Bidar, Bidar SP Satish Kumar said.
Kulkarni was killed instantaneously when two powerful bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus-stands in Dilsukhnagar area yesterday, he said.
Kulkarni`s charred body was identified by his friends, he said, adding that the deceased was a sweetmeat vendor at Dilkushanagar and was living in Hyderabad for the last one year.
In Bangalore, top police officials led by Karnataka DG and IGP, L R Pachau reviewed the security arrangements in the wake of the Hyderabad blasts.
The meeting decided to scale up vigil at all sensitive places, reservoirs, defence installations, bus terminals and railway stations, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations