Hyderabad blasts: Karnataka man among 16 killed
Bidar (K`taka): A person from Karnataka was among the 16 people killed in the twin bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad, police said here on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Padmakar Kulkarni (45) who was a resident of Bidar, Bidar SP Satish Kumar said.
Kulkarni was killed instantaneously when two powerful bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus-stands in Dilsukhnagar area yesterday, he said.
Kulkarni`s charred body was identified by his friends, he said, adding that the deceased was a sweetmeat vendor at Dilkushanagar and was living in Hyderabad for the last one year.
In Bangalore, top police officials led by Karnataka DG and IGP, L R Pachau reviewed the security arrangements in the wake of the Hyderabad blasts.
The meeting decided to scale up vigil at all sensitive places, reservoirs, defence installations, bus terminals and railway stations, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister