Hyderabad blasts: Karnataka man among 16 killed
Bidar (K`taka): A person from Karnataka was among the 16 people killed in the twin bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad, police said here on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Padmakar Kulkarni (45) who was a resident of Bidar, Bidar SP Satish Kumar said.
Kulkarni was killed instantaneously when two powerful bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus-stands in Dilsukhnagar area yesterday, he said.
Kulkarni`s charred body was identified by his friends, he said, adding that the deceased was a sweetmeat vendor at Dilkushanagar and was living in Hyderabad for the last one year.
In Bangalore, top police officials led by Karnataka DG and IGP, L R Pachau reviewed the security arrangements in the wake of the Hyderabad blasts.
The meeting decided to scale up vigil at all sensitive places, reservoirs, defence installations, bus terminals and railway stations, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...