Hyderabad blasts: Karnataka man among 16 killed
Bidar (K`taka): A person from Karnataka was among the 16 people killed in the twin bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad, police said here on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as Padmakar Kulkarni (45) who was a resident of Bidar, Bidar SP Satish Kumar said.
Kulkarni was killed instantaneously when two powerful bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus-stands in Dilsukhnagar area yesterday, he said.
Kulkarni`s charred body was identified by his friends, he said, adding that the deceased was a sweetmeat vendor at Dilkushanagar and was living in Hyderabad for the last one year.
In Bangalore, top police officials led by Karnataka DG and IGP, L R Pachau reviewed the security arrangements in the wake of the Hyderabad blasts.
The meeting decided to scale up vigil at all sensitive places, reservoirs, defence installations, bus terminals and railway stations, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you