I don`t want to become super CM: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: In an apparent bid to reject
criticism that he wants to rule by proxy by installing DV
Sadananda Gowda as his successor, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Tuesday asserted he did not want to become "a super
"I don`t want to become a super CM," he told reporters here
as the race for the Chief Minister`s post hotted up ahead of
the BJP legislative party meeting slated here tomorrow.
Yeddyurappa, who resigned from the post, said he would
"obey the orders" of the party and leaders like Atal Behari
Vajpayee, L K Advani and (party President) Nitin Gadkari, "who
are going to guide us."
As the BJP grapples with the crisis over the successor
issue, it appeared that it would be a straight contest between
Yeddyurappa`s nominee Gowda and Jagadish Shettar, being
propped up by the rival camp led by party national general
secretary H N Ananth Kumar and state BJP Chief K S Eshwarappa.
Yeddyurappa resigned on Sunday in the wake of Lokayukta
report on illegal mining indicting him after much defiance and
his exit has led the BJP to another crisis as party leaders
try to find a successor with the state unit badly divided.
"I am going to tour the State for the welfare of the
people, and I don`t have any personal agenda," Yeddyurappa
Informing that central observers Arun Jaitley and Rajnath
Singh would arrive here this evening, he said: "Most
probably... unanimously... our leader will be selected
(tomorrow), and from day after tomorrow, we will only
concentrate on the development of the state."
Yeddyurappa`s comment -- that he does not want to become
a super CM -- comes in the wake of a section of the rival side
trying to project that Gowda would be his "puppet" and that
Yeddyurappa would pull the strings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them