I don`t want to become super CM: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: In an apparent bid to reject
criticism that he wants to rule by proxy by installing DV
Sadananda Gowda as his successor, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Tuesday asserted he did not want to become "a super
"I don`t want to become a super CM," he told reporters here
as the race for the Chief Minister`s post hotted up ahead of
the BJP legislative party meeting slated here tomorrow.
Yeddyurappa, who resigned from the post, said he would
"obey the orders" of the party and leaders like Atal Behari
Vajpayee, L K Advani and (party President) Nitin Gadkari, "who
are going to guide us."
As the BJP grapples with the crisis over the successor
issue, it appeared that it would be a straight contest between
Yeddyurappa`s nominee Gowda and Jagadish Shettar, being
propped up by the rival camp led by party national general
secretary H N Ananth Kumar and state BJP Chief K S Eshwarappa.
Yeddyurappa resigned on Sunday in the wake of Lokayukta
report on illegal mining indicting him after much defiance and
his exit has led the BJP to another crisis as party leaders
try to find a successor with the state unit badly divided.
"I am going to tour the State for the welfare of the
people, and I don`t have any personal agenda," Yeddyurappa
Informing that central observers Arun Jaitley and Rajnath
Singh would arrive here this evening, he said: "Most
probably... unanimously... our leader will be selected
(tomorrow), and from day after tomorrow, we will only
concentrate on the development of the state."
Yeddyurappa`s comment -- that he does not want to become
a super CM -- comes in the wake of a section of the rival side
trying to project that Gowda would be his "puppet" and that
Yeddyurappa would pull the strings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India