I have been framed, want probe: French diplomat
Bangalore: French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, who has been charged with raping his four-year-old daughter in Bangalore, on Thursday claimed his innocence and said that he has been framed in the case.
According to reports, Mazurier has also filed a police complaint seeking a probe into his daughter’s rape.
Speaking to a TV news channel, Pascal said, “I want the safety of my children first. I have filed a police complaint and seek a fair investigation into the matter.”
Claiming his innocence, Pascal said, “I have been framed in the case since there is no DNA evidence to connect me with the case.”
Pascal was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped his daughter, however, he was later granted bail.
The French diplomat had earlier written to Bangalore Police Commissioner BG Jyothiprakash Mirji, seeking a thorough probe into the case involving the rape of his minor daughter.
Pascal, Consular Attache at the Consulate General of France here, said the Karnataka High Court had granted him bail last month on the basis of DNA tests results and testimonies of several witnesses.
He said although the DNA test results had been known since July, it seemed as if nobody was trying to find who the abuser is.
His wife, instead of being relieved by the DNA results, had ignored them, criticised police and had not even bothered to look for the identity of the abuser.
Pascal alleged his wife had falsely accused him and given false statements to police and the family court. "I am confident police could reveal the truth about the case, in which I have been publicly insulted and threatened, should you intervene and direct an investigation."
He said the DNA report clearly excluded his participation in the alleged rape. Since the report `indirectly indicates` that his daughter was sexually abused, I am `extremely worried` for her, for her health and safety and well as for my two minor sons," Pascal said.
On October 17, the High Court had granted conditional bail to Pascal, arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter, observing that the circumstantial evidence did not "specify" he had committed the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in