I have been framed, want probe: French diplomat
Bangalore: French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, who has been charged with raping his four-year-old daughter in Bangalore, on Thursday claimed his innocence and said that he has been framed in the case.
According to reports, Mazurier has also filed a police complaint seeking a probe into his daughter’s rape.
Speaking to a TV news channel, Pascal said, “I want the safety of my children first. I have filed a police complaint and seek a fair investigation into the matter.”
Claiming his innocence, Pascal said, “I have been framed in the case since there is no DNA evidence to connect me with the case.”
Pascal was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped his daughter, however, he was later granted bail.
The French diplomat had earlier written to Bangalore Police Commissioner BG Jyothiprakash Mirji, seeking a thorough probe into the case involving the rape of his minor daughter.
Pascal, Consular Attache at the Consulate General of France here, said the Karnataka High Court had granted him bail last month on the basis of DNA tests results and testimonies of several witnesses.
He said although the DNA test results had been known since July, it seemed as if nobody was trying to find who the abuser is.
His wife, instead of being relieved by the DNA results, had ignored them, criticised police and had not even bothered to look for the identity of the abuser.
Pascal alleged his wife had falsely accused him and given false statements to police and the family court. "I am confident police could reveal the truth about the case, in which I have been publicly insulted and threatened, should you intervene and direct an investigation."
He said the DNA report clearly excluded his participation in the alleged rape. Since the report `indirectly indicates` that his daughter was sexually abused, I am `extremely worried` for her, for her health and safety and well as for my two minor sons," Pascal said.
On October 17, the High Court had granted conditional bail to Pascal, arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter, observing that the circumstantial evidence did not "specify" he had committed the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked