I have nothing to do with Sadananda: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: JDS supremo HD Deve Gowda on Monday rubbished allegations levelled by BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa and his supporters that DV Sadananda Gowda, who resigned as Karnataka chief minister to be replaced by Jagadish Shettar, was "obeying" his party`s diktat.
"I haven`t spoken to Sadananda Gowda for the past seven months... I have nothing to do with him...People levelled similar allegations when Dharam Singh was the chief minister," he said.
"People said Dharam Singh ran the administration on my diktat. If that was the case, then why did H D Kumaraswamy join hands with the BJP to form the coalition government?" the former prime minister, who hails from the Vokkaliga community to which Sadananda also belonged, said.
Meanwhile, several Vokkaliga organisations staged protests in Channapatna shouting slogans against Yeddyurappa, who belongs to the Lingayat community, for being the architect behind Sadananda`s ouster.
They burnt effigies of Yeddyurappa, Excise Minister M P Renukacharya and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
To end the political impasse triggered by factional politics, the BJP central leadership had yesterday got Sadananda to resign as chief minister to be replaced by Jagadish Shettar.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far