I have nothing to do with Sadananda: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: JDS supremo HD Deve Gowda on Monday rubbished allegations levelled by BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa and his supporters that DV Sadananda Gowda, who resigned as Karnataka chief minister to be replaced by Jagadish Shettar, was "obeying" his party`s diktat.
"I haven`t spoken to Sadananda Gowda for the past seven months... I have nothing to do with him...People levelled similar allegations when Dharam Singh was the chief minister," he said.
"People said Dharam Singh ran the administration on my diktat. If that was the case, then why did H D Kumaraswamy join hands with the BJP to form the coalition government?" the former prime minister, who hails from the Vokkaliga community to which Sadananda also belonged, said.
Meanwhile, several Vokkaliga organisations staged protests in Channapatna shouting slogans against Yeddyurappa, who belongs to the Lingayat community, for being the architect behind Sadananda`s ouster.
They burnt effigies of Yeddyurappa, Excise Minister M P Renukacharya and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
To end the political impasse triggered by factional politics, the BJP central leadership had yesterday got Sadananda to resign as chief minister to be replaced by Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM