I shall overcome: Karnataka CM Sadananda Gowda
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday expressed confidence of putting an end
to bickering in the ruling BJP with the guidance of the
Issues confronting the party would be discussed at the
"Chintana-Mantana" programme, a two-day brainstorming session
for the legislators from February 24, where party President
Nitin Gadkari is slated to speak, he said.
Gowda said he had faced bigger challenges as the state
unit president when he was even able to "melt the ice of
Himalaya", and voiced optimism of resolving the ongoing
bickering that have overshadowed the government.
It is no secret that Gowda`s predecessor BS Yeddyurappa
is making vigorous efforts to get him reinstated as chief
minister, with some of his loyalist ministers and legislators
seeking to drum up support for him, much to the discomfiture
of the former.
"The entire world knows that I became chief minister by
sheer luck," said Gowda, apparently in reference to
Yeddyurappa`s remark earlier today that his successor had
ascended to the top post by virtue of his luck.
"It is true that Sadananda Gowda rose to the chief
minister`s post by virtue of his luck. Even former chief
minister HD Kumaraswamy too became the chief minister by his
luck. I have no role in making Sadananda Gowda as chief
minister," Yeddyurappa had said.
Gowda succeeded Yeddyurappa as chief minister when the
senior BJP leader had to step down from the post after being
indicted in the Lokayukta report into illegal mining.
Gowda, who is preparing for presenting his maiden budget
next month, today held pre-budget discussions with officials
of the departments of Excise, Commercial Tax, Transport,
Stamps and Registration.
The chief minister said he would hold similar exercises
with other department officials in the coming days and hoped
to present a "good" budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!