I will not leave Congress: Muraleedharan
Kozhikode: Former KPCC President K Muraleedharan, who is upset over the recent reconstitution of the District Congress Committee, Tuesday, said even if he had to face `insults` within the party, he will not leave Congress.
He told mediapersons that Karunakaran before his death had wanted his nominee at the helm of the DCC.
Apparently criticising KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala, without naming him, Muraleedharan said `no one can always sit on top of the elephant`.
AICC had on last Monday announced the full list of the reconstituted KPCC in which O. Abdurahman Kutty has been nominated as the Thrissur District Congress Committee.
Since the decision was taken by the high command, `I am accepting it`, Muraleedharan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez