IA seeks appointment of court commissioner to inspect NICE action
Bangalore: An interlocutory application (IA) was Wednesday filed before the Lokayukta Special Court seeking appointment of a court commissioner to inspect the NICE action in hurriedly laying concrete road on a section of Peripheral and Link road with an intention to disprove the allegations against the firm.
Social activist T J Abhram, who has already filed a complaint alleging irregularities by NICE, the promoters of Bangalore-Mysore Express way, moved the IA today alleging that the company has begun "hurriedly" the work to lay concrete on some parts of the peripheral and Link Road since January two to prove that these roads existed already.
Abraham had challenged the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE) action in collecting toll on not completed roads, which the court earlier ordered for attaching the collected amount.
The petitioner prayed the court to appoint a commissioner who could be an advocate, engineer or a police officer to visit the road measuring around 41 kms and report the factual situation on the road surface.
After hearing the complainant, Lokayukta court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter to January 11 for orders on the IA.
Lokayukta court had on October 25 ordered probe against former prime minister H D Deve Gowda, former External Affairs minister S M Krishna and 28 others on Abraham`s petition.
However, the High Court has stayed the Lokayukta Court order on a petition filed by NICE and its sister concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch