IA seeks appointment of court commissioner to inspect NICE action
Bangalore: An interlocutory application (IA) was Wednesday filed before the Lokayukta Special Court seeking appointment of a court commissioner to inspect the NICE action in hurriedly laying concrete road on a section of Peripheral and Link road with an intention to disprove the allegations against the firm.
Social activist T J Abhram, who has already filed a complaint alleging irregularities by NICE, the promoters of Bangalore-Mysore Express way, moved the IA today alleging that the company has begun "hurriedly" the work to lay concrete on some parts of the peripheral and Link Road since January two to prove that these roads existed already.
Abraham had challenged the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE) action in collecting toll on not completed roads, which the court earlier ordered for attaching the collected amount.
The petitioner prayed the court to appoint a commissioner who could be an advocate, engineer or a police officer to visit the road measuring around 41 kms and report the factual situation on the road surface.
After hearing the complainant, Lokayukta court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the matter to January 11 for orders on the IA.
Lokayukta court had on October 25 ordered probe against former prime minister H D Deve Gowda, former External Affairs minister S M Krishna and 28 others on Abraham`s petition.
However, the High Court has stayed the Lokayukta Court order on a petition filed by NICE and its sister concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception