IB official booked for confining subordinates
Bangalore: A senior IPS officer of the Intelligence Bureau has been booked for allegedly confining her subordinates when they went to deliver an official document at her residence, police said on Friday.
A case of obstructing government officials from performing their duties has been booked against N B Bharathi, an Odisha cadre officer serving as Deputy Director at the Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, for allegedly illegally confining Junior Information Officer Achar and his colleague Janardhan, when they went to her house to deliver the document, police said.
Police said that Bharathi, who had been deputed to Karnataka IB was repatriated last month to her home department.
The two officials had gone to her residence to serve her the orders.
The case is being investigated.
Meanwhile, Bharathi in turn has filed a complaint against the two officials for "trespass and impersonation", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof