IIM-B student suicide: Police books ex-boyfriend
Bangalore: A case of abetment to suicide has
been booked against a 22-year-old youth, whose girlfriend who
was studying in IIM-B, reportedly committed suicide after
reading his notification on a social networking site that she
"We have booked a case of abetment to suicide against
Abhishek, who is allegedly linked to Malini (the victim),"
ACP (law and order) Suneel Kumar said here today.
Malini Murmu, a first year MBA student from Jharkhand,
hanged herself in her hostel room on September 20 after
reportedly reading her boyfriend Abhishek`s announcement on
Facebook about their break-up.
Kumar said police are trying to track down Abhishek, who
had posted the message on Facebook.
Police had found a note on Malini`s Facebook message
board saying, "He ditched me", which they suggested meant she
was upset over the break-up.
Abhishek was in Bangalore recently and had a quarrel with
Malini after which he posted a change in his relationship
status on Facebook, saying, "Dumped my new ex-girlfriend,"
which possibly led to the suicide, police said.
Having worked at Infosys after completing her B Tech,
Malini joined IIM-B last June.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India