IIM-B student suicide: Police books ex-boyfriend
Bangalore: A case of abetment to suicide has
been booked against a 22-year-old youth, whose girlfriend who
was studying in IIM-B, reportedly committed suicide after
reading his notification on a social networking site that she
"We have booked a case of abetment to suicide against
Abhishek, who is allegedly linked to Malini (the victim),"
ACP (law and order) Suneel Kumar said here today.
Malini Murmu, a first year MBA student from Jharkhand,
hanged herself in her hostel room on September 20 after
reportedly reading her boyfriend Abhishek`s announcement on
Facebook about their break-up.
Kumar said police are trying to track down Abhishek, who
had posted the message on Facebook.
Police had found a note on Malini`s Facebook message
board saying, "He ditched me", which they suggested meant she
was upset over the break-up.
Abhishek was in Bangalore recently and had a quarrel with
Malini after which he posted a change in his relationship
status on Facebook, saying, "Dumped my new ex-girlfriend,"
which possibly led to the suicide, police said.
Having worked at Infosys after completing her B Tech,
Malini joined IIM-B last June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach