Illegal land allotment: FIR filed against BJP MLA
Bangalore: An FIR was filed against ruling BJP MLA CT Ravi by Lokayukta police in connection with alleged irregularities in securing government land in Chikmagalur.
The FIR was filed following an order of the Special
Lokayukta Court directing the Lokayukta Police to investigate
a private complaint against Ravi relating to alleged violation
of rules in securing land sites and submit a report on January
18. FIRs have also been filed against six others.
Ravi has been charged under various sections of the
Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act, Lokayukta
Dy SP, Abdul Ahad told agency.
Lokayukta Court judge NK Sudhindra Rao on December 17
admitted the private complaint by municipal councillor of
Chikmagalur, Devi Prasad.
Prasad has accused Ravi of securing allotment of three
civic amenity sites from Karnataka Housing Board (KHB) in
violation of rules.
He has alleged that Ravi got the KHB to allot the three
sites in favour of a "non-existent" Anjaneya Education Society
in Vijayapura, Chikmagalur, run by his relatives by producing
"false documents" for a sum of Rs 12.09 lakh where as the
market value was over Rs five crore.
Prasad also accused Ravi of getting two other residential
sites allotted in his wife`s name in Chikamagalur "using his
position as an MLA, by adopting back-door methods".
Ravi is the latest BJP MLA to face Lokayukta court
proceedings over land and illegal mining scam. Former Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa and a few other party legislators
are facing similar cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’