Illegal mining: CBI files FIR against 21 persons
Bangalore: The CBI on Saturday filed an FIR against
Associated Mining Company, owned by wife of jailed former
Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in connection with its
ongoing probe into illegal mining.
CBI officials said an FIR has been filed against AMC,
owned by Reddy`s wife Aruna Lakshmi and 21 persons have been
named in it. They, however, declined to elaborate further.
Last month, the probe agency had filed an FIR against
Obulapuram Mining Company owned by Reddy.
Reddy along with OMC Managing Director B V Srinivasa
Reddy are in judicial custody at Chanchalguda jail in
Hyderabad following their arrest by CBI in connection with
illegal mining on August 4.
CBI has been carrying out a probe into illegal mining in
parts of Karnataka since September as per a Supreme Court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list