Illegal mining: CBI files FIR against 21 persons
Bangalore: The CBI on Saturday filed an FIR against
Associated Mining Company, owned by wife of jailed former
Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in connection with its
ongoing probe into illegal mining.
CBI officials said an FIR has been filed against AMC,
owned by Reddy`s wife Aruna Lakshmi and 21 persons have been
named in it. They, however, declined to elaborate further.
Last month, the probe agency had filed an FIR against
Obulapuram Mining Company owned by Reddy.
Reddy along with OMC Managing Director B V Srinivasa
Reddy are in judicial custody at Chanchalguda jail in
Hyderabad following their arrest by CBI in connection with
illegal mining on August 4.
CBI has been carrying out a probe into illegal mining in
parts of Karnataka since September as per a Supreme Court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding