Illegal mining: MLA remanded to judicial custody till Sept 27
Bangalore: The CBI special court on Friday sent BSR Congress MLA Suresh Babu to judicial custody till September 27 in a case relating to alleged illegal export of iron ore from Belikeri port in Karnataka.
Babu, a nephew of B Sreeramulu, former minister and close associate of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, was arrested by the CBI yesterday after questioning and produced before the court this morning.
The alleged scam was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, who in his report, had said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-11, causing huge loss to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen