Illegal mining: MLA remanded to judicial custody till Sept 27
Bangalore: The CBI special court on Friday sent BSR Congress MLA Suresh Babu to judicial custody till September 27 in a case relating to alleged illegal export of iron ore from Belikeri port in Karnataka.
Babu, a nephew of B Sreeramulu, former minister and close associate of mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, was arrested by the CBI yesterday after questioning and produced before the court this morning.
The alleged scam was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, who in his report, had said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-11, causing huge loss to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday