I`m honest, elect me: Jagadish Shettar
Hubli: Ahead of the Karnataka Assembly Elections, state Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar expressed hope that he would grab the top seat once again.
Calling himself as an ‘honest’ politician at a programme here, Shettar underlined the development works he carried out during his short tenure as the CM.
“Within eight months I have completed (all) works, which other chief ministers would have taken five years to do,” Shettar said. “Though the Opposition leaders ridiculed that my tenure would end within two months, 12 legislators resigned their membership and some people were against my presenting the state budget, I have completed nine months in power.”
He further urged people to elect him to the Assembly for the fifth time.
Listing major development works he undertook during his tenure, Shettar said he did the impossible by bringing Rs 1,600 crore for the development of the twin-city. Also, he mentioned 24-hour drinking water project, park development, drainage system, four-lane road and airport development as some of the major works in the city during his stint as the CM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29