I’m not in BJP, will launch party on Dec 10: BSY
New Delhi: Putting to rest all speculation on his next move, former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Monday announced will float a new political party on December 10.
The Lingayat strongman said that he has no relationship with the BJP and his focus is the new party.
"I am not going to talk anything related to BJP, because I am not in the party. I am going to start a new party on the December 10," Yeddyurappa said.
As per reports, Yeddyurappa has already begun finalising candidates who will contest the next assembly elections from his new party and has invited leaders from all districts for discussion.
He had earlier announced that he would embark on a state-wide tour after resigning his Assembly membership in December.
Yeddyurappa, who quit the chief ministership in July 2011 over mining bribery charges, has been slamming both national and state BJP leaders for not reinstating him as chief minister or appointing him as Karnataka BJP chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Heartbreaking! Nobody tried to save my daughter as she bled to death, says Infosys employee's father
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Kriti Sanon denies holidaying in Thailand with Sushant Singh Rajput