IM operative involved in Stadium blasts apprehende
Bangalore: An Indian Mujahideen operative,
allegedly involved in the blasts at Chinnaswamy cricket
stadium two years ago that left 15 persons injured, has been
arrested, police said on Thursday.
The arrest of 24-year-old Kamal Hassan, alias Bilal, in
Kolkota on April 10 came during a manhunt to nab blast
mastermind Yasin Bhatkal, City Police Commissioner
Jyothiprakash Mirji said in a statement here.
Two low-intensity explosions near a packed Chinnaswamy
cricket stadium less than an hour before an IPL match left 15
persons, including five security men injured.
Hassan, a native of Bihar, was brought to Bangalore and
produced before the jurisdictional magistrate which remanded
him to police custody, Mirji said.
Hassan is a member of Indian Mujahideen’s Bihar cell and a
close associate of Bhatkal who is in charge of IM`s urban
operations in India.
He was part of the conspiracy hatched in Bihar and Delhi
in 2009 of which the Chinnaswamy Stadium blasts on April 17,
2010, was a part, the Commissioner said.
Hassan was indoctrinated to Jihadi activities by Bhatkal
and tasked with looking for hideouts in Bihar and Delhi for
all IM operatives involved in the stadium blasts and the
terror attack at Jama Masjid in Delhi on Sept 19 2010, he
Being an expert in preparing ammunition/cartridges used in
firearms, he worked in the weapons factory of Bhatkal`s
father-in-law in Delhi on his instructions.
Hassan`s movement, along with that of Bhatkal, was noticed
in Bihar, Kolkata, Nepal, Maharastra, Mumbai, Uttar Pradesh,
Delhi and other places. Efforts are on to apprehend Bhatkal,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'