`Incompetent` BJP govt hurting Karnataka economically: Shukla
New Delhi: Accusing BJP of creating "instability" in Karnataka, Union Minister Rajeev Shukla on Saturday said the current political situation has hurt the financial interests of the state.
"The ongoing political crisis in Karnataka highlights the sorry state of affairs precipitated by an incompetent BJP government, which has been more focused in pulling out all stops to manufacture an artificial majority in the Assembly rather than providing effective governance to the state," Shukla said.
He claimed the party`s focus on saving its government has resulted in a slide of its gross state domestic product (GSDP) growth rate from 12.60 per cent in 2007-08 to 6.44 per cent in 2011-12 which was less than the all-India average of 6.88 per cent in the same year.
"This is despite the fact that the central government has been extremely forthcoming in providing assistance to the state. Central assistance to Karnataka over the last three years itself has increased from Rs 12,740.39 crore in 2009-10 to 13,603.78 crore in 2011-12," the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs said in a statement here.
He said BJP`s "habit to play musical chairs" over the chief minister`s post and "leadership-governance deficit has left the state bleeding into debt which has increased from 1.97 per cent of GSDP in 2007-08 to 2.91 per cent of GSDP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'