Indian Mujahideen involved in Bangalore blast?
New Delhi: Banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), responsible for bombings in different parts of the country, could be behind today`s Bangalore blast, government sources said.
They said as per initial reports Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) was planted near the office of ruling BJP office in the southern part of the city and the blast material Ammonuium Nitrate had been frequently used by IM in the past.
"It is too early to point a finger at any group but the needle of suspicion goes to IM," sources said.
The blast took place just on the eve of third anniversary of blast in Bangalore`s Chinnaswamy Stadium, which too is suspected to have been carried out by IM.
Sources said the bombing was indeed a "terror attack" and the city was lucky that it avoided a major tragedy since till yesterday there was a huge crowd at the site as BJP poll tickets were distributed till last evening.
Besides, in the nearby temple, there were many devotees yesterday being the Tuesday, considered to be auspicious especially during ongoing `Navaratra` period.
"Since the BJP ticket distribution is over and today being Wednesday, there is less crowd in the place, thus avoiding a major tragedy. But we are sure that the spot was chosen carefully," a source said.
The Home Ministry has already sent a team of NIA and a bomb disposal squad of NSG had been sent to Bangalore to help the local police in post-blast investigation.
Karnataka government has not sought additional central forces as adequate personnel have been sent to the state in view of the forthcoming assembly elections.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is likely to travel to Bangalore tomorrow to visit the site as well meet those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks