Indian Mujahideen involved in Bangalore blast?
New Delhi: Banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), responsible for bombings in different parts of the country, could be behind today`s Bangalore blast, government sources said.
They said as per initial reports Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) was planted near the office of ruling BJP office in the southern part of the city and the blast material Ammonuium Nitrate had been frequently used by IM in the past.
"It is too early to point a finger at any group but the needle of suspicion goes to IM," sources said.
The blast took place just on the eve of third anniversary of blast in Bangalore`s Chinnaswamy Stadium, which too is suspected to have been carried out by IM.
Sources said the bombing was indeed a "terror attack" and the city was lucky that it avoided a major tragedy since till yesterday there was a huge crowd at the site as BJP poll tickets were distributed till last evening.
Besides, in the nearby temple, there were many devotees yesterday being the Tuesday, considered to be auspicious especially during ongoing `Navaratra` period.
"Since the BJP ticket distribution is over and today being Wednesday, there is less crowd in the place, thus avoiding a major tragedy. But we are sure that the spot was chosen carefully," a source said.
The Home Ministry has already sent a team of NIA and a bomb disposal squad of NSG had been sent to Bangalore to help the local police in post-blast investigation.
Karnataka government has not sought additional central forces as adequate personnel have been sent to the state in view of the forthcoming assembly elections.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is likely to travel to Bangalore tomorrow to visit the site as well meet those who were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey