Indian techie`s body reaches Bangalore
Bangalore: The body of Pawan Kumar, the 26-year-old techie from Karnataka who allegedly committed suicide at a hotel in New Jersey last month, was brought at the Bangalore International Airport (BIA) here by an Indian Airlines flight.
"We have received Pawan Kumar`s body at BIA," Pawan`s father Anjaiah said here.
Four officials of Cognizant, the IT company where Pawan worked in the US, accompanied the body from the US, Gunaseela, Pawan`s sister, said.
His last rites would be performed tomorrow, Anjaiah said.
Pawan`s family had earlier refused to fill the necessary forms to complete procedure for bringing back the body here demanding the body should come along with all reports including autopsy and inquest.
However, the family later relented and filled the forms after US officials said it would take at least four months to get all reports, including autopsy and inquest.
Pawan, who was facing charges of murdering Pennsylvania woman Danielle Mehlman in Delaware`s Dewey Beach motel, allegedly committed suicide at a hotel in New Jersey on June 19.
Overdose of drug was suspected to have caused the death of the young techie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says