Infosys techie arrested in Mysore for molesting French woman
Bangalore: A software engineer with Infosys Technologies Ltd was arrested late Friday for allegedly molesting a French woman at Mysore, a senior police official said.
Krishnamurthy, 28, was arrested under sections 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for molestation, 341 for criminal trespass and 506 for criminal intimidation. "He has admitted to the charges," Mysore Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravikante Gowda told IANS on phone.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the techie went to the 37-year-old married woman`s house in Vijayanagar suburb, in Mysore, about 140 km from here. The house is located near the IT bellwether`s campus.
"The accused asked the French woman for water. When she went inside her house, he followed her and tried to outrage her modesty. When she raised an alarm, neighbours rushed to the spot and thrashed him," Gowda said.
Krishnamurthy was later taken to the Vijayanagar police station, where a complaint was lodged against him and a first information report (FIR) was filed after questioning him about the incident.
"An Infosys` official identified the accused as their company`s employee," Gowda confirmed.
To protect her honour and privacy, the police declined to name the French woman, a post-graduate student at Mysore University. She lives with her husband, a management professor in the city.
"We have lodged Krishnamurthy in the Mysore jail for judicial custody. He will be produced in the court Monday. It is up to the court to grant bail," Gowda added.
Krishnamurthy, who resides in the same locality, had seen his wife off to Coimbatore at the bus stand in the afternoon and went to the French woman`s house en-route his house.
Company officials were not available for comment.
The 270-acre Mysore campus of the global software major houses the world`s biggest corporate training facility for IT professionals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report