Infosys techie arrested in Mysore for molesting French woman
Bangalore: A software engineer with Infosys Technologies Ltd was arrested late Friday for allegedly molesting a French woman at Mysore, a senior police official said.
Krishnamurthy, 28, was arrested under sections 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for molestation, 341 for criminal trespass and 506 for criminal intimidation. "He has admitted to the charges," Mysore Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravikante Gowda told IANS on phone.
The incident occurred in the afternoon when the techie went to the 37-year-old married woman`s house in Vijayanagar suburb, in Mysore, about 140 km from here. The house is located near the IT bellwether`s campus.
"The accused asked the French woman for water. When she went inside her house, he followed her and tried to outrage her modesty. When she raised an alarm, neighbours rushed to the spot and thrashed him," Gowda said.
Krishnamurthy was later taken to the Vijayanagar police station, where a complaint was lodged against him and a first information report (FIR) was filed after questioning him about the incident.
"An Infosys` official identified the accused as their company`s employee," Gowda confirmed.
To protect her honour and privacy, the police declined to name the French woman, a post-graduate student at Mysore University. She lives with her husband, a management professor in the city.
"We have lodged Krishnamurthy in the Mysore jail for judicial custody. He will be produced in the court Monday. It is up to the court to grant bail," Gowda added.
Krishnamurthy, who resides in the same locality, had seen his wife off to Coimbatore at the bus stand in the afternoon and went to the French woman`s house en-route his house.
Company officials were not available for comment.
The 270-acre Mysore campus of the global software major houses the world`s biggest corporate training facility for IT professionals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues