IPS officer accused of clicking woman`s pictures given posting
Bangalore: Senior IPS officer P Ravindranath, accused of clicking "objectionable" pictures of a woman in a coffee shop, has been posted as Additional Director General of Police Research and Restructuring.
Ravindranath was transferred from the post of Additional DGP of Karnataka State Reserve Police after the woman`s complaint.
A government notification said Ravindranath has been posted as Additional Director General of Police, Research and Restructuring, Dharwad, in the existing ex-cadre post with immediate effect.
The action against Ravindranath had led to an ugly turn with the fight spilling on to the streets on Tuesday last week when a section of KSRP personnel staged protests alleging he was being framed and targeted city Police Chief Raghavendra Auradkar for it.
Ravindranath had also filed a complaint against Auradkar, accusing him of atrocity under the SC/ST Act, bringing to surface the friction in the city police top brass.
In the wake of the open spat between senior police officials, the state Government has handed over the case to CID for probe.
Ravindranath today appeared before CID officials for inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details