IPS officer accused of clicking woman`s pictures given posting
Bangalore: Senior IPS officer P Ravindranath, accused of clicking "objectionable" pictures of a woman in a coffee shop, has been posted as Additional Director General of Police Research and Restructuring.
Ravindranath was transferred from the post of Additional DGP of Karnataka State Reserve Police after the woman`s complaint.
A government notification said Ravindranath has been posted as Additional Director General of Police, Research and Restructuring, Dharwad, in the existing ex-cadre post with immediate effect.
The action against Ravindranath had led to an ugly turn with the fight spilling on to the streets on Tuesday last week when a section of KSRP personnel staged protests alleging he was being framed and targeted city Police Chief Raghavendra Auradkar for it.
Ravindranath had also filed a complaint against Auradkar, accusing him of atrocity under the SC/ST Act, bringing to surface the friction in the city police top brass.
In the wake of the open spat between senior police officials, the state Government has handed over the case to CID for probe.
Ravindranath today appeared before CID officials for inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch