Iranian national nabbed for selling narcotic drugs
Bangalore: A 31-year-old Iranian national was arrested for selling narcotic drugs, police said here on Thursday.
Drugs and other substances worth Rs 5 lakh were confiscated from Saeidi Mozhdeh Ehsan yesterday, police said.
He was obtaining drugs from Goa and other places and selling it to known persons here for the past many years, police said.
Opium, charas, cocaine, ganja, syringes, tablets and Rs 690 cash were seized from him.
Ehsan came to India in 2005 to pursue his education and was studying in a private college here.
His visa, which expired earlier this year, had not been renewed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals