Ishita Roy assumes charge as ISC Secretary General
Bangalore: Central Silk Board Member Secretary Ishita Roy on Tuesday assumed charge as the Secretary General of the International Sericulture Commission, the Inter-Governmental organisation of silk producing countries.
Ishita was elected to the post in the ISC election held at Cluj Napoca, Romania on September 12 last year.
The ISC headquarters located at Lyon has also been shifted to Bangalore to start operations from today.
Ishita will also function as Member Secretary of the Central Silk Board, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors