Ishita Roy assumes charge as ISC Secretary General
Bangalore: Central Silk Board Member Secretary Ishita Roy on Tuesday assumed charge as the Secretary General of the International Sericulture Commission, the Inter-Governmental organisation of silk producing countries.
Ishita was elected to the post in the ISC election held at Cluj Napoca, Romania on September 12 last year.
The ISC headquarters located at Lyon has also been shifted to Bangalore to start operations from today.
Ishita will also function as Member Secretary of the Central Silk Board, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer
- CBSE adopts moderation policy in granting marks in Class XII exam: Govt
- Viral video: Girl performs a sizzling hot sexy dance and suddenly door opens - Know what happens next
- Ties will be hit if cleric is not extradited, Turkey warns US
- Dalit youth dies in police raid in Surat, locals allege murder