Ishita Roy assumes charge as ISC Secretary General
Bangalore: Central Silk Board Member Secretary Ishita Roy on Tuesday assumed charge as the Secretary General of the International Sericulture Commission, the Inter-Governmental organisation of silk producing countries.
Ishita was elected to the post in the ISC election held at Cluj Napoca, Romania on September 12 last year.
The ISC headquarters located at Lyon has also been shifted to Bangalore to start operations from today.
Ishita will also function as Member Secretary of the Central Silk Board, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming