Ishita Roy assumes charge as ISC Secretary General
Bangalore: Central Silk Board Member Secretary Ishita Roy on Tuesday assumed charge as the Secretary General of the International Sericulture Commission, the Inter-Governmental organisation of silk producing countries.
Ishita was elected to the post in the ISC election held at Cluj Napoca, Romania on September 12 last year.
The ISC headquarters located at Lyon has also been shifted to Bangalore to start operations from today.
Ishita will also function as Member Secretary of the Central Silk Board, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore