Ishita Roy assumes charge as ISC Secretary General
Bangalore: Central Silk Board Member Secretary Ishita Roy on Tuesday assumed charge as the Secretary General of the International Sericulture Commission, the Inter-Governmental organisation of silk producing countries.
Ishita was elected to the post in the ISC election held at Cluj Napoca, Romania on September 12 last year.
The ISC headquarters located at Lyon has also been shifted to Bangalore to start operations from today.
Ishita will also function as Member Secretary of the Central Silk Board, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?