‘ISRO scientist enjoyed Devas hospitality in US’
Bangalore: Former scientific secretary at ISRO,
A Bhaskaranarayana enjoyed the hospitality of Devas during one
of his trips to the US, according to the five-member high
level team chaired by Pratyush Sinha, which examined the
controversial Antrix-Devas deal and identified acts of
omission and commission by government officials.
"It has also been brought to the notice of the High Level
Team that Shri Bhaskaranarayana on one of his visits to USA
enjoyed the hospitality of the private company in this case,"
the conclusions and recommendations of the HLT report, made
public by the Department of Space said on Saturday night.
"I have to explain why it is and what it is; what actually
happened," he said when asked about it.
On the two reports, he said he is studying them with
respect to "information given by us and see what they have
projected.... what we have given....and any misunderstanding
"Each sentence should be analyzed," said
Bhasakararanarayana, who was among the four scientists barred
from government jobs as a punitive action based on the two
Asked about his future course of action, he said he does
not have an exact idea. "I am just thinking of consulting
my colleagues, friends and well-wishers".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof