It is for CM to act against Yogeshwar: K’taka Guv
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Saturday said it was the prerogative of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda to act on the allegations faced by his ministerial colleague CP Yogeshwar in connection with the Mega City Housing Project.
"I have received two representations from political
parties and they do mention a few allegations which have come
to my notice and they are in the know of the government also.
Now, how seriously they will take, I cannot decide on the
matters. I can simply draw the attention of the Chief Minister
and it is upon him what standards of governance he wants to
continue," Bhardwaj told reporters here.
He said the minister had met him in this connection but
he had asked him to discuss the issue with the chief minister
as that would be the correct protocol.
"He came and I gave him appointment. I told him that the
matter is before the Central government, Ministry of Corporate
Affairs and the Serious Fraud Investigations Office...they
(ministers) are the choice of the government and the Chief
Minister took them as minister...now it is their choice and
how they handle their ministers," Bhardwaj said.
To a question on the delay in appointing new Lokayukta
after the resignation of Shivaraj Patil, he said the delay is
neither because of him (Bhardwaj) nor because of the dearth of
good candidates. "The problem at the moment is with the people
who decide whom to appoint as the Lokayukta".
On the names of former Chief Justice of Kerala High Court
S G Bannurmath and former Chief Justice of Punjab High Court N
K Sodhi doing rounds for the post, Bhardwaj refused to react
but hastened to add, "The standards set by former Lokayukta
Sanotsh Hegde are rather high to replicate".
"If you want to have a Lokayukta, you should have a
Lokayukta like him. If you compromise with corruption, then it
is the most inefficacious institution", he said.
Bhardwaj defended Shivaraj Patil as a "decent man, who
resigned only because he was decent".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India