It is for CM to act against Yogeshwar: K’taka Guv
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj on Saturday said it was the prerogative of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda to act on the allegations faced by his ministerial colleague CP Yogeshwar in connection with the Mega City Housing Project.
"I have received two representations from political
parties and they do mention a few allegations which have come
to my notice and they are in the know of the government also.
Now, how seriously they will take, I cannot decide on the
matters. I can simply draw the attention of the Chief Minister
and it is upon him what standards of governance he wants to
continue," Bhardwaj told reporters here.
He said the minister had met him in this connection but
he had asked him to discuss the issue with the chief minister
as that would be the correct protocol.
"He came and I gave him appointment. I told him that the
matter is before the Central government, Ministry of Corporate
Affairs and the Serious Fraud Investigations Office...they
(ministers) are the choice of the government and the Chief
Minister took them as minister...now it is their choice and
how they handle their ministers," Bhardwaj said.
To a question on the delay in appointing new Lokayukta
after the resignation of Shivaraj Patil, he said the delay is
neither because of him (Bhardwaj) nor because of the dearth of
good candidates. "The problem at the moment is with the people
who decide whom to appoint as the Lokayukta".
On the names of former Chief Justice of Kerala High Court
S G Bannurmath and former Chief Justice of Punjab High Court N
K Sodhi doing rounds for the post, Bhardwaj refused to react
but hastened to add, "The standards set by former Lokayukta
Sanotsh Hegde are rather high to replicate".
"If you want to have a Lokayukta, you should have a
Lokayukta like him. If you compromise with corruption, then it
is the most inefficacious institution", he said.
Bhardwaj defended Shivaraj Patil as a "decent man, who
resigned only because he was decent".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof