It is the second trust vote for Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: For the embattled Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, whose government appears to be on the brink, Monday’s vote of confidence is going to be the
second one he faces in a span of about 29 months.
Yeddyurappa had to seek the vote of confidence to prove the majority of his first ever saffron party government on June six, 2008 under the directive of the then Governor Rameshwar Thakur.
Thakur ordered for the floor test of the maiden BJP government which was short of majority by three MLAs when it was sworn-in into office on May 30, 2008 and took the help of six independents to cobble up the majority.
The BJP had won 110 seats out of 224 as against the required strength of 113.
Yeddyurappa was brimming with confidence while facing the first trust vote in 2008, as he was sure of the numbers in his favour, but in tomorrow`s case the situation seems to be
not in favour of either BJP or him with 18 dissident MLAs declaring their firm resolve to vote against the government.
In fact, it would be the third vote of confidence for Yeddyurappa since 2007 as his eight-day-old government collapsed after BJP`s coalition partner JDS refused to support
Yeddyurappa who refrained from moving the motion in November 2007 submitted the resignation of his government then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?