It must have been a mass grave: Karnataka Home Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister V S
Acharya today said the area where about 50 human skulls were
found at Annigeri in Dharwad district might have been a mass
grave some 150-200 years ago.
"It must have been a mass grave 150 to 200 years ago," he
told reporters here. "It must have been an abandoned
cemetery". He also said they might have been of casualties of
a minor battle at the time.
But he stressed that these assumptions were based on
preliminary information. "We have not arrived at any final
Two skulls have been plucked from the site for a detailed
investigation, being carried out by forensic experts.
The government has sought a report from Dhardwad district
Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain.
Some skeletons have also been found at the site.
The skulls were found in a row when an earthmover was
being used to remove the silt from a drain on Saturday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan