It must have been a mass grave: Karnataka Home Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister V S
Acharya today said the area where about 50 human skulls were
found at Annigeri in Dharwad district might have been a mass
grave some 150-200 years ago.
"It must have been a mass grave 150 to 200 years ago," he
told reporters here. "It must have been an abandoned
cemetery". He also said they might have been of casualties of
a minor battle at the time.
But he stressed that these assumptions were based on
preliminary information. "We have not arrived at any final
Two skulls have been plucked from the site for a detailed
investigation, being carried out by forensic experts.
The government has sought a report from Dhardwad district
Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain.
Some skeletons have also been found at the site.
The skulls were found in a row when an earthmover was
being used to remove the silt from a drain on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II