It must have been a mass grave: Karnataka Home Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister V S
Acharya today said the area where about 50 human skulls were
found at Annigeri in Dharwad district might have been a mass
grave some 150-200 years ago.
"It must have been a mass grave 150 to 200 years ago," he
told reporters here. "It must have been an abandoned
cemetery". He also said they might have been of casualties of
a minor battle at the time.
But he stressed that these assumptions were based on
preliminary information. "We have not arrived at any final
Two skulls have been plucked from the site for a detailed
investigation, being carried out by forensic experts.
The government has sought a report from Dhardwad district
Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain.
Some skeletons have also been found at the site.
The skulls were found in a row when an earthmover was
being used to remove the silt from a drain on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh