It must have been a mass grave: Karnataka Home Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister V S
Acharya today said the area where about 50 human skulls were
found at Annigeri in Dharwad district might have been a mass
grave some 150-200 years ago.
"It must have been a mass grave 150 to 200 years ago," he
told reporters here. "It must have been an abandoned
cemetery". He also said they might have been of casualties of
a minor battle at the time.
But he stressed that these assumptions were based on
preliminary information. "We have not arrived at any final
Two skulls have been plucked from the site for a detailed
investigation, being carried out by forensic experts.
The government has sought a report from Dhardwad district
Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain.
Some skeletons have also been found at the site.
The skulls were found in a row when an earthmover was
being used to remove the silt from a drain on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May