It must have been a mass grave: Karnataka Home Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister V S
Acharya today said the area where about 50 human skulls were
found at Annigeri in Dharwad district might have been a mass
grave some 150-200 years ago.
"It must have been a mass grave 150 to 200 years ago," he
told reporters here. "It must have been an abandoned
cemetery". He also said they might have been of casualties of
a minor battle at the time.
But he stressed that these assumptions were based on
preliminary information. "We have not arrived at any final
Two skulls have been plucked from the site for a detailed
investigation, being carried out by forensic experts.
The government has sought a report from Dhardwad district
Deputy Commissioner Darpan Jain.
Some skeletons have also been found at the site.
The skulls were found in a row when an earthmover was
being used to remove the silt from a drain on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed