Jagadish Shettar govt has lost right to present 2013 budget: Yeddyurappa
Gulbarga: Disgruntled with Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s move to drop KJP supporters from various boards, party president BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday said the BJP government has lost the right to present the next year`s budget as it was losing numbers with each passing day.
"Shettar`s government is losing majority day-by-day and he has no right to present next year`s budget," Yeddyurappa told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said people of North Karnataka could be happy if the Assembly was dissolved as "he is not doing good to the region" by dropping Karnataka Janata Party supporters from various boards and corporations.
"Otherwise they would have helped doing good work to North Karnataka region in their respective capacities," he said.
Last year, Yeddyurappa has taken around 60 legislators to a holiday resort threatening to destabilise the government when DV Sadananda Gowda was about to present the budget. The Lingayat strongman, however, took back the step after a meeting with RSS leaders.
On BJP leader HN Ananth Kumar describing Yeddyurappa`s announcement that KJP would take a call on January four on whether the Jagadish Shettar-headed ministry should continue in office or not as nothing but "media headline", the Lingayat strongman, who quit BJP nearly a month ago, said the former Union Minister will know about it in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum