Jagadish Shettar govt has lost right to present 2013 budget: Yeddyurappa
Gulbarga: Disgruntled with Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s move to drop KJP supporters from various boards, party president BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday said the BJP government has lost the right to present the next year`s budget as it was losing numbers with each passing day.
"Shettar`s government is losing majority day-by-day and he has no right to present next year`s budget," Yeddyurappa told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said people of North Karnataka could be happy if the Assembly was dissolved as "he is not doing good to the region" by dropping Karnataka Janata Party supporters from various boards and corporations.
"Otherwise they would have helped doing good work to North Karnataka region in their respective capacities," he said.
Last year, Yeddyurappa has taken around 60 legislators to a holiday resort threatening to destabilise the government when DV Sadananda Gowda was about to present the budget. The Lingayat strongman, however, took back the step after a meeting with RSS leaders.
On BJP leader HN Ananth Kumar describing Yeddyurappa`s announcement that KJP would take a call on January four on whether the Jagadish Shettar-headed ministry should continue in office or not as nothing but "media headline", the Lingayat strongman, who quit BJP nearly a month ago, said the former Union Minister will know about it in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars