Jagan Reddy conspired with YSR, others: CBI
Hyderabad: The CBI has alleged that Kadapa
MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy conspired with his father late YS
Rajasekhara Reddy and other individuals and companies to
"cheat the government of Andhra Pradesh in the matter of
granting certain favours".
In its FIR in the case related to Jagan, a copy of which
was filed in a special court here, the CBI charged that he
"exercised his influence on his (late) father, then chief
minister, and also "unknown public servants" of the state
government, who in turn abused their official positions by
corrupt or illegal means and issued orders favourable to many
The charges relate to criminal conspiracy, cheating,
criminal breach of trust, falsification of accounts and
criminal misconduct, according to the FIR.
"As a quid pro quo, those companies, other unknown
companies and unknown persons invested several crores of
rupees in Jagati Publications, Sandur Power Company Limited,
Carmel Asia Holdings, Bharathi Cement Corporation Ltd and
other companies promoted by Jaganmohan Reddy at a huge
premium," the CBI FIR said.
The agency filed the case against Jagan and others based
on a directive of the Andhra Pradesh High Court that disposed
of a petition filed by current Textile Minister P Shanker Rao,
into which TDP leaders K Yerran Naidu and Yanamala
The 28-page FIR listed Jagan, now president of YSR
Congress, as number one accused followed by V Vijay Sai Reddy,
vice-chairman of Jagati Publications. In all, the FIR named 72
companies and individuals besides directors, promoters of
unknown companies, unknown public servants of the state
government and "unknown others" as accused in the case under
IPC Sections 120 (B) read with 420, 409, 420 and 477 (A).
CBI has been conducting searches since yesterday in the
residences and offices of Jagan apart from the houses and
businesses of those who invested in his companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview