Jaitley in Bangalore apparently to dissuade Yeddy from quitting BJP
Bangalore: BJP leader Arun Jaitley arrived here tonight apparently to dissuade former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa from going ahead with his decision to leave the party next month.
BJP sources said Jaitley arrived here along with Ananth Kumar but there was no official confirmation of media reports that the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha had a meeting with Yeddyurappa.
Yeddyurappa, made to step down as Karnataka Chief Minister last year, is expected to formally launch his new party at a rally at Haveri, some 350 km from here, on December 9, with the former Chief Minister snapping ties with BJP by then.
Yeddyurappa has repeatedly said in the last few weeks that his decision to quit BJP is final and the question of reviewing it does not arise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video