Jaitley in Bangalore apparently to dissuade Yeddy from quitting BJP
Bangalore: BJP leader Arun Jaitley arrived here tonight apparently to dissuade former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa from going ahead with his decision to leave the party next month.
BJP sources said Jaitley arrived here along with Ananth Kumar but there was no official confirmation of media reports that the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha had a meeting with Yeddyurappa.
Yeddyurappa, made to step down as Karnataka Chief Minister last year, is expected to formally launch his new party at a rally at Haveri, some 350 km from here, on December 9, with the former Chief Minister snapping ties with BJP by then.
Yeddyurappa has repeatedly said in the last few weeks that his decision to quit BJP is final and the question of reviewing it does not arise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living