Janardhana Reddy to contest in Karnataka Assembly polls
Bellary: Former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, lodged in Andhra Pradesh jail in connection with illegal mining case, is all set to contest the Assembly elections in Karnataka due in May next year on BSR (Congress) ticket.
Janardhana Reddy was arrested in September last year by CBI in connection with the case.
"Janardhana Reddy will contest next Assembly polls as candidate of Badava Shramika Raitha Congress BSR (Congress) either from Bellary, Kushtagi or Chitradurga constituencies. He is yet to make a choice from where he would contest," Bellary MLA G Somashekara Reddy, brother of Janardhana Reddy told reporters here.
Somashekara Reddy said BSR (Congress) President B Sriramulu would soon send in an affidavit to CBI in this regard. "We are confident that Janardhana Reddy will contest the election because people remember him as a "good" person. He is a victim of political conspiracy," he said.
Sriramulu had visited Janardhana Reddy on November 28 in Chanchalaguda Central Prison in Hyderabad and discussed about the elections, he said.
The mining baron turned politician had appealed to the CBI special court in Hyderabad to release him on bail to make it possible for him to contest the elections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog