Janardhana Reddy to contest in Karnataka Assembly polls
Bellary: Former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, lodged in Andhra Pradesh jail in connection with illegal mining case, is all set to contest the Assembly elections in Karnataka due in May next year on BSR (Congress) ticket.
Janardhana Reddy was arrested in September last year by CBI in connection with the case.
"Janardhana Reddy will contest next Assembly polls as candidate of Badava Shramika Raitha Congress BSR (Congress) either from Bellary, Kushtagi or Chitradurga constituencies. He is yet to make a choice from where he would contest," Bellary MLA G Somashekara Reddy, brother of Janardhana Reddy told reporters here.
Somashekara Reddy said BSR (Congress) President B Sriramulu would soon send in an affidavit to CBI in this regard. "We are confident that Janardhana Reddy will contest the election because people remember him as a "good" person. He is a victim of political conspiracy," he said.
Sriramulu had visited Janardhana Reddy on November 28 in Chanchalaguda Central Prison in Hyderabad and discussed about the elections, he said.
The mining baron turned politician had appealed to the CBI special court in Hyderabad to release him on bail to make it possible for him to contest the elections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town