Janardhana Reddy`s bail plea hearing to continue
Hyderabad: After hearing the arguments on the bail petitions of former Karnataka minister G Janardhan Reddy
and managing director of Obulapuram Mining Corporation (OMC) B
V Srinivas Reddy, the court here Friday adjourned the hearing to September 12.
The special CBI court is expected to pronounce the order at the next date after the arguments end.
Janardhan Reddy and his relative, Srinivas Reddy, were
arrested by CBI on September 5 at Bellary in Karnataka in
connection with alleged illegal mining.
Both are presently in the judicial custody and lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison.
The CBI registered the case against the company on
December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government
in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and
irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in
Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of
The agency`s lawyer, seeking 15-day custody of the two
accused, today contended that CBI needed to interrogate them
as OMC had "violated" several norms and illegal mining was
worth crores of rupees.
However, defence counsels submitted that CBI had not
produced any evidence to back its demand of custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA