Janardhana Reddy`s bail plea hearing to continue
Hyderabad: After hearing the arguments on the bail petitions of former Karnataka minister G Janardhan Reddy
and managing director of Obulapuram Mining Corporation (OMC) B
V Srinivas Reddy, the court here Friday adjourned the hearing to September 12.
The special CBI court is expected to pronounce the order at the next date after the arguments end.
Janardhan Reddy and his relative, Srinivas Reddy, were
arrested by CBI on September 5 at Bellary in Karnataka in
connection with alleged illegal mining.
Both are presently in the judicial custody and lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison.
The CBI registered the case against the company on
December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government
in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and
irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in
Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of
The agency`s lawyer, seeking 15-day custody of the two
accused, today contended that CBI needed to interrogate them
as OMC had "violated" several norms and illegal mining was
worth crores of rupees.
However, defence counsels submitted that CBI had not
produced any evidence to back its demand of custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit