Janata Dal govt gave excess land to NICE, says Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Joining issue with JD(S) supremo
H D Degowda over the land acquired for Nandi Infrastructure
Corridor Enterprise (NICE), Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on Monday accused the previous JD(S) government of
acquiring 3,653 acres of excess land for the company.
He said the excess land would be returned to farmers.
"An agreement was signed by NICE and Karnataka Area
Industrial Development Board (KAIDB) to acquire 23,846 acres
of land as against 20,193 acres stipulated under the MoU,"
Yeddyurpapa told reporters here.
Gowda had organised two-day farmers rally in Delhi last
week to focus the attention of the Centre to the plight of
farmers whose land was acquired for the project.
"My government will not give one inch of excess land to
NICE other than specified in the Framework Agreement, which
was also signed during the Janata Dal rule. The excess land
will be returned to farmers," Yeddyurappa said in an apparent
rebuttal to the barrage of criticism mounted by Gowda and his
son and former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy over the issue.
"Gowda and his son Kumaraswamy can acquire any quantum of
land in the name of development, including for a golf course
in their home town Hassan. If the BJP government does it, it
is branded as anti-farmer," Yeddyurappa alleged.
In Hassan, during March 2007, Kumaraswamy government
issued preliminary notification for acquiring 1,749 acres,
including 206 acres for a golf course, he said and pointed out
"these lands are fertile and belonged to farmers only".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch