Jaya-TV receives two more threat letters
Chennai: AIADMK-backed Jaya TV on Friday said it
received two more threatening letters warning party chief
Jayalalithaa of dire consequences if she visited Madurai for
her proposed protest rally on October 18.
In a complaint to state DGP and City Police Commissioner,
copies of which were released to the media here, Jaya TV
Vice-President K P Sunil said the inland letters written by
two different persons warned Jayalalithaa of dire consequences
if she dared to visit Madurai to address a protest meeting
there or speak against Union Minister M K Azhagiri.
Since Jayalalithaa announced last month that she would lead
a protest meeting against the DMK Government in Madurai, more
than 15 letters and a phone call threatening her life had been
received by Jaya TV.
Tamil Nadu Government had decided to hand over to CBI the
investigation of the cases relating to the threat letters.
Expressing concern over the continuing threats to
Jayalalithaa`s life, Sunil demanded suitable investigation and
arrest of the culprits behind them.
He also requested further enhancement of the security
cover for Jayalalithaa, who is in the Z plus category.
Yesterday, Jaya TV had received four letters threatening the
life of the former Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'