Jaya wealth case: Sudhakaran records statements
Bangalore: VN Sudhakaran, disowned foster son of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and co-accused in the multi-crore disproportionate assets case against her, on Wednesday appeared before a special court for recording his statements.
He replied to 143 questions posed by the 36th Additional City Civil and Sessions Court Judge MS Balakrishna.
The judge asked questions relating to assets accumulation, buying and selling of property in and around Chennai.
The case was adjourned till Thursday.
On December 23, the court had directed Sudhakaran to appear before it for recording his statements under Section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Justice Balakrishna had rejected Sudhakaran`s plea to adjourn the proceedings till January, saying the court could not delay the case further especially after Supreme Court`s direction to conduct the trial on a day-to-day basis.
The court has already completed the recording of the statement of Jayalalithaa`s close aide and co-accused who had answered 1,031 questions posed by the court.
The case relates to alleged amassing of disproportionate wealth worth Rs 66 crore by Jayalalithaa when she was Chief Minister for the first time between 1991 and 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state