Jaya wealth case: Sudhakaran records statements
Bangalore: VN Sudhakaran, disowned foster son of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and co-accused in the multi-crore disproportionate assets case against her, on Wednesday appeared before a special court for recording his statements.
He replied to 143 questions posed by the 36th Additional City Civil and Sessions Court Judge MS Balakrishna.
The judge asked questions relating to assets accumulation, buying and selling of property in and around Chennai.
The case was adjourned till Thursday.
On December 23, the court had directed Sudhakaran to appear before it for recording his statements under Section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Justice Balakrishna had rejected Sudhakaran`s plea to adjourn the proceedings till January, saying the court could not delay the case further especially after Supreme Court`s direction to conduct the trial on a day-to-day basis.
The court has already completed the recording of the statement of Jayalalithaa`s close aide and co-accused who had answered 1,031 questions posed by the court.
The case relates to alleged amassing of disproportionate wealth worth Rs 66 crore by Jayalalithaa when she was Chief Minister for the first time between 1991 and 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic