JD-S demands Yeddyurappa govt resignation
Bangalore: JD-S on Monday asked Karnataka
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde to file cases against some ruling BJP
leaders, including Higher Education Minister V S Acharya, for
allegedly trying to influence him `to save` Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on the illegal mining issue.
"Lokayukta should file case against Acharya, State`s
Special Representative in Delhi V Dhananjayakumar and former
chairman of the Finance Commission, Kudgi and order for their
arrest," state JD-S president H D Kumaraswamy told reporters.
He also demanded the resignation of the Yeddyurappa
government on moral grounds over this issue.
Kumaraswamy alleged that BJP and Congress have no respect
for constitutionally created bodies.
He came down heavily on Congress general secretary B K
Hariprasad for his statement demanding Hegde`s resignation and
doubting the Lokayukta`s integrity.
Congress and BJP seemed to be scared of Lokayukta`s final
report on illegal mining, expected to be submitted soon, he
Kumaraswamy said his party would hold a rally here
tomorrow and present a memorandum to Governor H R Bhardwaj,
demanding dismissal of the Yeddyurappa government for its
efforts to `influence` Lokayukta.
Hegde had claimed that Dhananjaykumar and Acharya had met
him some months ago and tried to influence him against
indicting Yeddyurappa in his report on illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!