JD-S demands Yeddyurappa govt resignation
Bangalore: JD-S on Monday asked Karnataka
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde to file cases against some ruling BJP
leaders, including Higher Education Minister V S Acharya, for
allegedly trying to influence him `to save` Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on the illegal mining issue.
"Lokayukta should file case against Acharya, State`s
Special Representative in Delhi V Dhananjayakumar and former
chairman of the Finance Commission, Kudgi and order for their
arrest," state JD-S president H D Kumaraswamy told reporters.
He also demanded the resignation of the Yeddyurappa
government on moral grounds over this issue.
Kumaraswamy alleged that BJP and Congress have no respect
for constitutionally created bodies.
He came down heavily on Congress general secretary B K
Hariprasad for his statement demanding Hegde`s resignation and
doubting the Lokayukta`s integrity.
Congress and BJP seemed to be scared of Lokayukta`s final
report on illegal mining, expected to be submitted soon, he
Kumaraswamy said his party would hold a rally here
tomorrow and present a memorandum to Governor H R Bhardwaj,
demanding dismissal of the Yeddyurappa government for its
efforts to `influence` Lokayukta.
Hegde had claimed that Dhananjaykumar and Acharya had met
him some months ago and tried to influence him against
indicting Yeddyurappa in his report on illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them