JD-S demands Yeddyurappa govt resignation
Bangalore: JD-S on Monday asked Karnataka
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde to file cases against some ruling BJP
leaders, including Higher Education Minister V S Acharya, for
allegedly trying to influence him `to save` Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa on the illegal mining issue.
"Lokayukta should file case against Acharya, State`s
Special Representative in Delhi V Dhananjayakumar and former
chairman of the Finance Commission, Kudgi and order for their
arrest," state JD-S president H D Kumaraswamy told reporters.
He also demanded the resignation of the Yeddyurappa
government on moral grounds over this issue.
Kumaraswamy alleged that BJP and Congress have no respect
for constitutionally created bodies.
He came down heavily on Congress general secretary B K
Hariprasad for his statement demanding Hegde`s resignation and
doubting the Lokayukta`s integrity.
Congress and BJP seemed to be scared of Lokayukta`s final
report on illegal mining, expected to be submitted soon, he
Kumaraswamy said his party would hold a rally here
tomorrow and present a memorandum to Governor H R Bhardwaj,
demanding dismissal of the Yeddyurappa government for its
efforts to `influence` Lokayukta.
Hegde had claimed that Dhananjaykumar and Acharya had met
him some months ago and tried to influence him against
indicting Yeddyurappa in his report on illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm