JD-S levels another allegation against Karnataka CM
Bangalore: In a further jolt to Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa, the JD-S on Saturday accused him of
receiving Rs 13 crore "kickback" through two private firms
owned by his family, from a private company for awarding an
irrigation project contract to it.
Davalagiri Property Developers and Sahyadri Health Care
and Diagnostics, run by family members of Yeddyurappa had
benefited from Murudeshwara Power Corporation, in return for
awarding the Rs 1032 crore Upper Bhadra Lift irrigation scheme
package-II, to it, JDS chief H D Kumaraswamy alleged.
Releasing "documentary evidence" at a press conference
here, he alleged that while Davalagiri Properties received Rs
11 crore, Sahyadri Health Care got Rs two crore.
Kumaraswamy alleged that the process of awarding the
contract began when Yeddyurappa was Deputy Chief Minister in
the JDS-BJP coalition government headed by him (Kumaraswamy)
and was completed when he became the Chief Minister.
The contract was given to RNS Infrastructure Ltd, a group
of companies managed by Murudeshwara power corporation and
Jyoti Ltd, a joint venture partner, in 2008-09, he charged.
He claimed Jyoti Ltd company had been blacklisted in
Himachal Pradesh but was still selected despite objections
from Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Ltd, State-owned irrigation
corporation, of which Yeddyurappa is the Chairman.
Though the project was tendered initially for Rs 550 crore
in 2003-04, the contract was awarded for Rs 1032 crore.
Kumaraswamy said he was contemplating filing a petition
before the Supreme Court seeking a direction to the state to
refer donations received by Prerana Education Trust, also
owned by Yeddyurappa family, to order a probe by any agency
including CBI, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Kumaraswamy had alleged recently that the Trust managed by
Yeddyurappa`s two sons, had received donations of Rs 27 crore
from some firms for favours shown to them.
He claimed that last week, when he made the charge,
Yeddyurappa had wanted to compromise with him and had himself
tried to speak to him through his personal assistants.
The Yeddyurappa government was involved in another major
scandal concerning a Delhi based relator firm, he charged and
said he would release details after securing the documents.
Kumaraswamy also claimed that his telephone was being
bugged by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day