JD-S levels another allegation against Karnataka CM
Bangalore: In a further jolt to Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa, the JD-S on Saturday accused him of
receiving Rs 13 crore "kickback" through two private firms
owned by his family, from a private company for awarding an
irrigation project contract to it.
Davalagiri Property Developers and Sahyadri Health Care
and Diagnostics, run by family members of Yeddyurappa had
benefited from Murudeshwara Power Corporation, in return for
awarding the Rs 1032 crore Upper Bhadra Lift irrigation scheme
package-II, to it, JDS chief H D Kumaraswamy alleged.
Releasing "documentary evidence" at a press conference
here, he alleged that while Davalagiri Properties received Rs
11 crore, Sahyadri Health Care got Rs two crore.
Kumaraswamy alleged that the process of awarding the
contract began when Yeddyurappa was Deputy Chief Minister in
the JDS-BJP coalition government headed by him (Kumaraswamy)
and was completed when he became the Chief Minister.
The contract was given to RNS Infrastructure Ltd, a group
of companies managed by Murudeshwara power corporation and
Jyoti Ltd, a joint venture partner, in 2008-09, he charged.
He claimed Jyoti Ltd company had been blacklisted in
Himachal Pradesh but was still selected despite objections
from Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Ltd, State-owned irrigation
corporation, of which Yeddyurappa is the Chairman.
Though the project was tendered initially for Rs 550 crore
in 2003-04, the contract was awarded for Rs 1032 crore.
Kumaraswamy said he was contemplating filing a petition
before the Supreme Court seeking a direction to the state to
refer donations received by Prerana Education Trust, also
owned by Yeddyurappa family, to order a probe by any agency
including CBI, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Kumaraswamy had alleged recently that the Trust managed by
Yeddyurappa`s two sons, had received donations of Rs 27 crore
from some firms for favours shown to them.
He claimed that last week, when he made the charge,
Yeddyurappa had wanted to compromise with him and had himself
tried to speak to him through his personal assistants.
The Yeddyurappa government was involved in another major
scandal concerning a Delhi based relator firm, he charged and
said he would release details after securing the documents.
Kumaraswamy also claimed that his telephone was being
bugged by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?