JD-S MLAs meet Guv, demand K`taka govt`s dismissal
Bangalore: Opposition JDS leaders from
both houses of Karnataka Legislature Monday met Governor HR Bhardwaj and insisted that he should invoke his constitutional
powers to dismiss "the corrupt BJP government".
The delegation, in a 30-minute meeting, explained to
the Governor the magnitude of the alleged corruption that
prevailed during the B S Yeddyurappa-led BJP government in
Karnataka and ruling party`s attempts to prevent Opposition
parties from debating on land scams on the floor of the
legislatures, JDS Legislature group leader H D Revanna told
reporters after the meeting.
The delegation appealed to Bharadwaj to initiate
action to dismiss the government, they said.
The party had decided to meet President Pratibha
Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia
Gandhi, BJP senior leader L K Advani and Left parties to
apprise them about the level of corruption by the government,
the JDS leader said.
The JDS National Executive would meet here on January
19 and 20 decide on the future course of agitation against
government, they said.
Revanna said in view of the prohibitory orders
promulgated in the city, the JDS shelved its plans to stage
indefinite dharna and decided to meet the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH