JDS accuses CM of purchase of Rs 1000 Cr worth lands
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa`s offer of cash award to the extent of Rs five
crore to whistle blowers who would give information on benami
lands owned by politicians in and around the city got a
response from the JDS leader H D Revanna.
Revanna, son of former Prime Minister H D Devegowda,
today claimed that he had documents regarding benami land
purchases done by Yeddyurappa and his family members and
wanted the Chief Minister to sanction him the reward amount.
"I will donate this reward amount to some trust,"
Revanna told reporters here.
Revanna, who was irked after Yeddyurappa ordered probe
into lands held by Devegowda family in Hassan district and
also by his brother H D Kumarswamy on the city outskirts,
charged that the Chief Minister was indulging in vindictive
Revanna, claimed that Yeddyurappa and his family
members have purchased lands worth Rs 1,000 crore in benami
names in Shimoga district and in and around the city and
claimed "I have those documents. I am ready to give it to the
He wanted the Chief Seceretary and Revenue Secretary
to probe into the land purchases.
Yeddyurappa had announced that he will unearth the
land scams involving Devegowda family and other opposition
leaders and said he would earmark Rs five crore in the coming
budget as a reward to those who furnish information on benami
lands of politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them