JDS demands Ktk CM`s resignation over land denotification
Bangalore: The JD(S) Karnataka unit Tuesday
demanded resignation of Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
accusing him of indulging in "favouritism and abuse of power"
for "ordering" denotification of lands held by his two sons,
which had been acquired by Bangalore Development Authority.
Yeddyurappa took active role in forcing authorities to bend
rules to register 26 guntas (point 65 acre) each in the name
of his two sons,former Chief Minister and state unit JDS chief
H D Kumaraswamy alleged at a press meet here.
The lands registered cannot be purchased as they had
already been acquired by BDA and the Bangalore Urban Deputy
Commissioner had passed orders awarding Rs 17.18 lakh
compensation to the original owners, he said.
The land located at Rachenahally in K.R.Puram taluk, which
had been notified by BDA was not in possession of owners
Gowrramma and Panduranga,from whom Yeddyurappaa`s sons
purchased and in fact was held by former Housing Minister S N
Krishanaiah Setty through General Power of Attorney (GPA),he
These transactions had taken place on March 16, 2006 when
Yeddyurappa was the Deputy Chief Minister in the JDS-BJP
coalition government led by him (Kumaraswamy),and the lands
were ordered to be denotified by Yedyurappa when he became
Chief Minister in 2008,the JDS chief said.
Similarly Setty also became beneficiary by getting 16
guntas (point four acres) denotified for the "favours" he
showed to Yeddyurappa`s son in purchasing the lands over which
he is GPA holder, Kumaraswamy alleged.
"This is only a tip of the iceberg.There are more such
scandals in this government. We will bring them out. We will
inform the Governor about this", he said.
Demanding Yedyurappa`s resignation on moral grounds,
Kumaraswamy said "he has no right to continue in power for a
Yeddyurappa has denotified 2300 acres since 2008 after he
became Chief minister, he charged.
"Let Yeddyurappa order Lokayukta probe into this", he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks