JDS demands Ktk CM`s resignation over land denotification
Bangalore: The JD(S) on Tuesday demanded resignation of Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and accused him of indulging in "favouritism and abuse of power" for ordering denotification of lands held by his two sons.
"Yeddyurappa took active role in forcing authorities to bend rules to register 26 guntas (point 65 acre) each in the name of his two sons," former Chief Minister and state JD(S)
chief H D Kumaraswamy said here.
Demanding Yedyurappa`s resignation on moral grounds he said, "He has no right to continue in power for a minute. Let Yeddyurappa order Lokayukta probe into this." Yeddyurappa has denotified 2300 acres since 2008 after he became Chief Minister, he said.
Kumaraswamy said that lands registered cannot be purchased as they had already been acquired by Bangalore Development Authority and the Bangalore Urban Deputy
Commissioner had passed orders awarding Rs 17.18 lakh compensation to the original owners.
The piece of land located at Rachenahally in K R Puram taluk, which had been notified by BDA was not in possession of owners from whom Yeddyurappaa`s sons purchased it. In fact was held by former Housing Minister S N Krishanaiah Setty through General Power of Attorney (GPA), he said.
These transactions had taken place on March 16, 2006 when Yeddyurappa was the Deputy Chief Minister in the JDS-BJP coalition government led by Kumaraswamy, "and the lands were ordered to be denotified by Yedyurappa when he became Chief Minister."
"This is only a tip of the iceberg. There are more such scandals in this government. We will bring them out. We will inform the Governor about this", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets