JDS files complaint against Yeddyurappa before Lokayukta
Bangalore: Stepping up pressure, JDS
today filed a complaint against Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
with the Lokayukta for denotifying lands, claiming it was a Rs
5,000 crore scam to favour his family members and others.
"We have filed a 580-page complaint before Lokayukta
with specific allegations against the chief minister for
denotifying valuable government land to favour members of his
family, including his sons B Y Raghavendra and B Y Vijay
Kumar, son-in-law Sohan Lal and some others," JDS spokesperson
Y S V Dutta told reporters.
The complaint pertains to 180 acres denotified in 78
cases, with the total value of the scam running to Rs 5,000
crore, "the biggest ever scam in the state", with allegations
of abuse of power, corruption, nepotism and loss to the
government exchequer against Yeddyurappa", he said.
Since the Lokayukta does not have suo moto powers, an
affidavit has also been filed before the Lokyukta, JDS leader
M C Nanaiah said.
The complaint includes various orders passed by
Yeddyurappa in connection with land denotification and also
the notings of the bureaucrats, he said.
Coming down heavily on Yeddyurappa for denotifying
land for "considerations other than lawful, which are
extraneous", Nanaiah charged that the denotification had been
done ignoring opinions of the bureaucrats, defying orders of
Supreme Court and High Court to help family members and three
Terming it as a "terrible scam", Nanaiah said they
have requested the Lokayukta to look into the entire file and
take whatever action it deems necessary.
The main purpose of the complaint, he said, is to send
a message to the people that such corruption shall not take
place in Karnataka, he said.
To a query on Yeddyurappa`s assertion that he would
complete his term, Nanaiah retorted, "I think he has realised
his mistake and therefore offered puja to Lord Nanjundeshwara
in Nanjangud (Mysore) district to seek pardon for his
mistakes. But if he is emboldened by this and wants to remain
in power, then God only should help him."
Dutta said they would submit another document to
Lokayukta pertaining to two more land scams in a day or two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read