JDS flays BJP, Congress for "knocking doors" of corrupt leaders
Bangalore: Opposition JDS leader in the Assembly and former Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy on Tuesday took potshots at BJP for trying to bring back KJP chief BS Yeddyurappa into the party, saying it was "embracing" leaders tainted by corruption charge.
Kumaraswamy said while on one hand BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was talking about fighting corruption "wherever he goes", on the other, his party was knocking at the doors of corrupt leaders.
"They are trying to embrace a person who was caught in corruption charges as chief minister," he told reporters referring to Yeddyurappa.
Not sparing Congress either, he said the party had lost its "moral right" to talk about corruption as their party leader Rahul Gandhi was trying to woo RJD supremo Lalu Prasad with an eye on Lok Sabha polls next year.
"What moral right do the Congress and BJP have to attack each other on the issue of corruption," Kumaraswamy asked.
On government formation by Aam Aadmi Party with the support of Congress in Delhi, he said the Arvind Kejriwal-led party`s decision is wrong as Congress had the history of withdrawing support to governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered