JDS flays BJP, Congress for "knocking doors" of corrupt leaders
Bangalore: Opposition JDS leader in the Assembly and former Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy on Tuesday took potshots at BJP for trying to bring back KJP chief BS Yeddyurappa into the party, saying it was "embracing" leaders tainted by corruption charge.
Kumaraswamy said while on one hand BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was talking about fighting corruption "wherever he goes", on the other, his party was knocking at the doors of corrupt leaders.
"They are trying to embrace a person who was caught in corruption charges as chief minister," he told reporters referring to Yeddyurappa.
Not sparing Congress either, he said the party had lost its "moral right" to talk about corruption as their party leader Rahul Gandhi was trying to woo RJD supremo Lalu Prasad with an eye on Lok Sabha polls next year.
"What moral right do the Congress and BJP have to attack each other on the issue of corruption," Kumaraswamy asked.
On government formation by Aam Aadmi Party with the support of Congress in Delhi, he said the Arvind Kejriwal-led party`s decision is wrong as Congress had the history of withdrawing support to governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened