JDS MLC Krishnappa, 2 others get bail in land grabbing case
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court Monday granted bail to JDS MLC E Krishnappa and two others accused in a land grab case.
Taking serious objection to another accused, Ramachandra Murthy not being present despite summons being issued against him, the court issued a non-bailable warrant against him.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao granted bail to Krishnappa, A C Muniraju and Premnath Reddy directing them to furnish a personal bond of Rs 5 lakh and two sureties each.
All the three accused were present in the court. The court adjourned further hearing to December 20.
On Oct One, the court had ordered issue of summons against the accused, taking cognisance of the complaint filed by social and pro-kannada activist Raghu, alleging illegal land denotification in Begur village in Bangalore north taluk and directed them to appear on November 5.
Sanction is awaited to prosecute two other accused, land surveyor, Srikanta and tahsildar Beeralingegowda in the case.
A chargesheet had been filed on Sep 24,charging the accused under sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code.
The court ordered probe into the case on April 9.
The complaint filed on March 27 by Raghu working for a pro-Kannada outfit, charged Krishnappa with allegedly getting over 2 acres of "Gomala" land (set apart for grazing purpose) in Bangalore North Taluk, converted for non-agriculture (commercial) purpose by fabricating documents for "pecuniary gain" in 2009 when JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy was the Chief Minister.
However, on October 1 in his final report, the Investigating Officer Narasimha Murthy submitted that Krishnappa was found to have abused his office when he was president of the APMC, prior to becoming an MLC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read