JDS predicts fall of BJP govt in Karnataka
Bangalore: Claiming that the BJP government in Karnataka would fall anytime in the wake of the party`s humiliating defeat in the recent Bellary Rural by-election, JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy today asked party workers to gear up for Assembly elections.
"The government will fall anytime and we (JDS) should be
ready to face the election," he told reporters after a meeting
of party leaders.
Alleging that BJP has launched `Operation Kamala` to win
over JDS MLAs to save its government, Kumaraswamy said, "No
JDS legislators will fall a prey to this... all our MLAs
are with us."
BJP suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of former
minister B Sreeramulu, business associate of Bellary strongmen
and mining barons -- G Janardhana Reddy and G Karunakara
Reddy, in the recent Assembly byelection which he contested as
Sreeramulu has lambasted the BJP, from which he had
resigned on the eve of the bypoll, for neglecting the
contributions made by him to the party`s growth in Bellary
and indicated that he might float a regional party.
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda had earlier maintained
that the bypoll outcome would not have any impact on the
stability of his government.
Kumaraswamy, a former chief minister, said his party would
not destabilise the BJP government, but expected it to fall on
He said party leaders had been directed to prepare a list
of 100 winnable candidates and send it to party supremo and
his father H D Deve Gowda.
The meeting also discussed strategies to strengthen the
party at all levels in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested