JDS rebel MLA resigns from Karnataka Assembly
Bangalore: Rebel JDS legislator M C Ashwath
today resigned as a member of the Karnataka assembly apparently to avoid action by his party for defying its whip during yesterday`s trust vote, which was won by the ruling BJP
Ashwath, an MLA from Chennapatna constituency, submitted
his resignation earlier in the day which was accepted by
Speaker K G Bopaiah, Assembly Secretariat sources said here.
Ashwath, believed to have been poached by the ruling BJP,
stayed away from the assembly proceedings yesterday during
which Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa won the motion of
confidence for the second time in a gap of four days.
Following Ashwath`s resignation, the JDS strength in the
224-member house has come down to 27.
Ashwath remained untraced for the past few days and JDS
yesterday complained to Governor H R Bhardwaj that its party
legislator had been kept in an undisclosed location by BJP.
Sources in BJP indicated that Ashwath might join the
JDS had announced it would seek Ashwath`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post