JD(S) release`s booklet on Yeddyurappa govt `scams`
Bangalore: Stepping up its campaign against the BJP government in Karnataka on corruption issue, JD(S) on Saturday released a comprehensive list of alleged land and
mining scams in the state and urged the Centre to use its agencies to probe them.
The booklet containing the charges would be circulated among Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, besides Shiv Sena and other NDA leaders, former prime minister H D
Devegowda told reporters here.
"Corruption involving the BJP government in Karnataka is in the order of Rs one lakh crore. It is not a notional loss as being projected in the 2G Spectrum scam. There are
documentary evidences to prove the corruption charges against the BS Yeddyurappa Government", the JDS supremo claimed.
Gowda said investigation agencies such as CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Customs and Mukherjee should order probe from any of these agencies.
The booklet contains documents pertaining to alleged land scams including controversial Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (BMIC) project, mining irregularities, land allotment and land denotifications titled "Karnataka Land and Mine Scandals put 2G to shame...Mahabharath yuddh against Mahabrasthachar".
The BMIC scandals itself runs to Rs 30,000 crore, Gowda, whose party has been keeping up its onslaught against the Yeddyurappa Government, claimed. He had yesterday released a 10-point `chargesheet` against the state government.
Gowda said his party would raise the Karnataka scandals in Parliament during the coming budget session and was ready to stage a dharna if the party was prevented by BJP
from debating as it did in the 2G spectrum scam.
Gowda, who yesterday met state Governor HR Bhardwaj, said a copy of the booklet had also been given to him.
"The governor has written a letter to the chief minister stating that six of his ministerial colleagues have indulged in corruption", Gowda claimed.
Three days ago, Bhardwaj, locked in a war of words with the Yeddyurappa Government, had declared that he has a list of corrupt people including some ministers and was ready
to give it to anyone, a remark which evoked sharp response from BJP leaders who called him a Congress agent.
Yeddyurappa dropped his plans to call on the Governor to discuss the issue and had said his party would write a letter to President Pratibha Patil on Bharadwaj`s conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!