JDS requests Governor to postpone to trust vote by a week
Bangalore: Janata Dal (S) on Wednesday requested
Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj to postpone tomorrow`s floor
test to be taken by the BJP government by a week as the high
court decision on disqualification of 16 MLAs is expected only
A JD(S) delegation, led by the party`s state unit
President H D Kumaraswamy, met the Governor and told him
that "tomorrow`s exercise (vote of confidence) will not be
productive in any way".
"I requested the Governor to postpone the confidence vote
by a week", Kumaraswamy, who has been the rallying point for
the dissident MLAs, said.
He told the Governor that his offer to the government for
a second floor test would encourage horse trading in a big
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH