JDS requests Governor to postpone to trust vote by a week
Bangalore: Janata Dal (S) on Wednesday requested
Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj to postpone tomorrow`s floor
test to be taken by the BJP government by a week as the high
court decision on disqualification of 16 MLAs is expected only
A JD(S) delegation, led by the party`s state unit
President H D Kumaraswamy, met the Governor and told him
that "tomorrow`s exercise (vote of confidence) will not be
productive in any way".
"I requested the Governor to postpone the confidence vote
by a week", Kumaraswamy, who has been the rallying point for
the dissident MLAs, said.
He told the Governor that his offer to the government for
a second floor test would encourage horse trading in a big
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming