JD(S) supporters attack Yeddy`s aide’s residence
Bangalore: Suspected JD(S) supporters attacked the residence of a key aide of Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa after he made allegations of land grabbing against former Prime Minister and their party chief HD Deve Gowda.
Police said the supporters pelted stones at the house of Yeddyurappa`s Political Secretary BJ Puttaswamy on Tuesday night, damaging window panes and also a car, hours after he levelled the charge.
They also raised slogans against the Yeddyurappa government and Puttaswamy, who on Tuesday released some documents alleging that Gowda and his family members grabbed 82.01 acres of land in Hassan district, the JD(S) chief`s home district.
Police said they are investigating the matter.
Allegations of land scams have been flying thick and fast between the BJP and the opposition, particularly JD(S) which has been targeting the Chief Minister over denotification of lands and allotment of prime plots to his family members.
Angered by the JD(S) charges, Yeddyurappa has vowed "not to rest" till he exposed the "misdeeds" of the Deve Gowda family and decimated the JD(S) to ensure that only the BJP and Congress remained in the state.
The government has ordered a judicial probe into land scam allegations that covers a 16 year period, bringing the regimes of Gowda`s son HD Kumaraswamy, SM Krishna and Dharam Singh, as also Deve Gowda himself under its ambit.
Targeting Deve Gowda, the state cabinet also on Monday decided to hold a CID probe into alleged corruption and irregularities in the Upper Krishna Irrigation project during the JD(S) chief`s tenure as Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?