JD(S) supporters attack Yeddy`s aide’s residence
Bangalore: Suspected JD(S) supporters attacked the residence of a key aide of Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa after he made allegations of land grabbing against former Prime Minister and their party chief HD Deve Gowda.
Police said the supporters pelted stones at the house of Yeddyurappa`s Political Secretary BJ Puttaswamy on Tuesday night, damaging window panes and also a car, hours after he levelled the charge.
They also raised slogans against the Yeddyurappa government and Puttaswamy, who on Tuesday released some documents alleging that Gowda and his family members grabbed 82.01 acres of land in Hassan district, the JD(S) chief`s home district.
Police said they are investigating the matter.
Allegations of land scams have been flying thick and fast between the BJP and the opposition, particularly JD(S) which has been targeting the Chief Minister over denotification of lands and allotment of prime plots to his family members.
Angered by the JD(S) charges, Yeddyurappa has vowed "not to rest" till he exposed the "misdeeds" of the Deve Gowda family and decimated the JD(S) to ensure that only the BJP and Congress remained in the state.
The government has ordered a judicial probe into land scam allegations that covers a 16 year period, bringing the regimes of Gowda`s son HD Kumaraswamy, SM Krishna and Dharam Singh, as also Deve Gowda himself under its ambit.
Targeting Deve Gowda, the state cabinet also on Monday decided to hold a CID probe into alleged corruption and irregularities in the Upper Krishna Irrigation project during the JD(S) chief`s tenure as Chief Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'