JDS to join hands with Cong on `Bellary chalo` agitation
Bangalore: The JDS today announced its
support to the proposed Congress-led "Bellary chalo", a
padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary to protest against illegal
mining and demanded a CBI probe into the issue.
Talking to reporters here, JDS leader H D Devegowda
said his party would chalk out programmes to join hands with
Congress after their July 18 meet to give final shape to the
He rejected Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
contention that a CBI enquiry into illegal mining was not
necessary as the Lokayukta probe would bring out all the facts
and said it was necessary "as the issue involves inter-state
and international ramifications".
He demanded that the government orders a CBI probe
into the issue.
Gowda said he would meet Governor H R Bhardwaj to
request him not to give his assent to the bill banning cow
slaughter and added that JDS would launch a state-wide
agitation to create awareness among farmers on the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!