JDS to join hands with Cong on `Bellary chalo` agitation
Bangalore: The JDS today announced its
support to the proposed Congress-led "Bellary chalo", a
padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary to protest against illegal
mining and demanded a CBI probe into the issue.
Talking to reporters here, JDS leader H D Devegowda
said his party would chalk out programmes to join hands with
Congress after their July 18 meet to give final shape to the
He rejected Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
contention that a CBI enquiry into illegal mining was not
necessary as the Lokayukta probe would bring out all the facts
and said it was necessary "as the issue involves inter-state
and international ramifications".
He demanded that the government orders a CBI probe
into the issue.
Gowda said he would meet Governor H R Bhardwaj to
request him not to give his assent to the bill banning cow
slaughter and added that JDS would launch a state-wide
agitation to create awareness among farmers on the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!