JDS to join hands with Cong on `Bellary chalo` agitation
Bangalore: The JDS today announced its
support to the proposed Congress-led "Bellary chalo", a
padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary to protest against illegal
mining and demanded a CBI probe into the issue.
Talking to reporters here, JDS leader H D Devegowda
said his party would chalk out programmes to join hands with
Congress after their July 18 meet to give final shape to the
He rejected Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
contention that a CBI enquiry into illegal mining was not
necessary as the Lokayukta probe would bring out all the facts
and said it was necessary "as the issue involves inter-state
and international ramifications".
He demanded that the government orders a CBI probe
into the issue.
Gowda said he would meet Governor H R Bhardwaj to
request him not to give his assent to the bill banning cow
slaughter and added that JDS would launch a state-wide
agitation to create awareness among farmers on the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you