JDS to join hands with Cong on `Bellary chalo` agitation
Bangalore: The JDS today announced its
support to the proposed Congress-led "Bellary chalo", a
padayatra from Bangalore to Bellary to protest against illegal
mining and demanded a CBI probe into the issue.
Talking to reporters here, JDS leader H D Devegowda
said his party would chalk out programmes to join hands with
Congress after their July 18 meet to give final shape to the
He rejected Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s
contention that a CBI enquiry into illegal mining was not
necessary as the Lokayukta probe would bring out all the facts
and said it was necessary "as the issue involves inter-state
and international ramifications".
He demanded that the government orders a CBI probe
into the issue.
Gowda said he would meet Governor H R Bhardwaj to
request him not to give his assent to the bill banning cow
slaughter and added that JDS would launch a state-wide
agitation to create awareness among farmers on the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!